Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Best of both worlds?

Working just three and a half days a week ... most people would think that it was a doddle. Bloody part-timers I hear you say ... In reality I am actually working full time ... the other day and a half a week is actually annual leave that I am entitled to and as such there is no one else to pick up from where I have left off ... no one to help out on the days I'm not there ... just a pile of more work when I return. In reality you end up working extra just to try to make up for the time you aren't there. Working part-time hours can be the worse of both worlds rather than the best!!

Being approachable and understanding can be a pain I can tell you ... But then I can't complain too much ... today I was told that "manager's forget what it's like to work frontline ... but thank god you're not like that!"

They do realise and appreciate how much work I have undertaken and are trying to come up with suggestions of how to lessen my load. Bless them ... we'll battle on together.

No comments: