Monday, June 07, 2004

Moth sex and grass

Decided on my maximum offer on the property above my head ... told her I had two choices ... raise the money she wants (way above what it is worth!) and be financially broke OR await her lease extension, where she would have to pay all my solicitors fees and just rake in the money. She did not seem too pleased. Shame that.

Went back to work today after two weeks at home ... had to drag myself out of bed! There were some benefits to going to work though.

1. Nice drive in ... amazing to see the Stadium arch being raised ... beginning to look good. Quite spectacular from some angles ... coming from Staples corner, down the North Circular you get a glimpse and it makes you want to burst out singing "Its coming home .... " Or some other footballish song.
What do you think of Wembley Stadium Arch

2. Air conditioned offices ... it was so hot today that I got a sun tan on my 15mins drive to work. Serious. I am not sure I could have made it if I was stuck at home in this heat. Sam and Goldie have been lounging under any shade they could find and now are happily lying on the cool laminate floors. Might join them.

3. No, there isn't a 3.

Absolutely lovely evening ... watched the sunset ... whilst screaming for Pav to return from her latest expedition. Watched moths copulating on the window. Admired Creams newly mown lawn. Pav is back sans trophy. No funerals tonight.

No comments: