Sunday, June 06, 2004

The Cats that got the Cream

OK ... so you have met one woman and her blog ... and a couple of related creatures ... I figure you're asking yourself where the three cats are? Yes they do actually exist ... all adorable ... even though I may be biased (Waiting for comment from Feline-hating Vertigo!) They were ruled under my dictatorship (Saddam style)... I took no messing around and expected them all to get on together whatever their feline beliefs ... I treated them all equally and when I said "No" I meant "If you give me those sad eyes again, you are gonna regret it". Then the cats got Cream. My husband joining the household has had an real impact on the balance of power. He believes (Bush style) that the cats have been oppressed too long and deserve freedom from such an evil tyrant. So they now .. sit at the dining room table whilst we eat dinner, waiting for Creamgate ... a scandal of illegal scrap dealing under the table, secretly condoned by Cream! They also manage to miracuously open pouches of whiskas themselves, when there are perfectly good plates of dry crunchies around. Strange that??? Sam (the eldest) has perfected the "I am going to shit in this litter tray unless you let me out in the back garden now" and Cream falls for it every time. I just respond with "Yeah ... poo away ... make my day" There is only so much straining a cat can do before it is obvious that there is nothing there, and she has to pad back into the front room with her tail between her legs and an evil stare! Pav (pure black but more 'chocolate' on closer inspection) loves to explore, a bit like the explorers of old who thought it was a good idea to return with a trophy or two! We manage to save most of them, but occasionally we have to give them a good funeral ... And Goldie (the newest member) a year old tom, who was born as a stray but now lives in luxury. Proof of the NW9 dream ... 'rags to riches' ... or should that be 'nice sofa covers to fur covered shreds of fabric'!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goliath here, i wish to god she'd hurry up and have kids!!