Tuesday, June 15, 2004

How Lib Dems have changed my life ....

Flicking channels ... "The weather is expected to" .... "What if God was one of us" ...."Doh" ..... "The Lib Dems have done well in the elections" .. so I stop flicking, thinking Dad will be pleased and see an old face from the past, staring at me from the screen, standing next to Kennedy! Had to take another look but sure enough, there he was, a little larger than I remember from University days ... (but who am I kidding ... like I'm still a size 8!) but nonetheless still the same face!

Gets you to thinking ... what you can do with your life ... beginning to wonder now ... should do something with my life ... Ok .. so I am a Samaritan ... all well and good ... giving back to the community .... But then you reminisce about all your old dreams. How when you were young, you thought you were gonna be rich and famous or change the world or discover the cure for cancer ... When you really believed that God had a real purpose for putting you on this Earth. Whatever happened to that feeling ... I lost it along the way somewhere but I'm not sure when ... or why?

Amazing how a face from the past can make you re-evaluate your whole life. I mean I wouldn't mind ... but he's a Lib Dem MEP!!

No comments: