Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Little Fish in Tiny Pond looking for Bigger Pond.

I am a little fish again ... after years of doing my job ... now being able to do it with my eyes shut and one hand tied behind my back ... I have now returned to not knowing a thing. First day in the new job today and it is totally different to the work I have done for the last nine ... yes count them ... nine years.

It leaves you with a feeling reminiscent of the first day at High School ... I was a big fish in Little Pond Junior School ... and suddenly arrived at Big Pond High School and was a tiny, puny, insignificant minnow. Remember that feeling of apprehension yet excitement? Well today was the same.

I was shown the ropes by a friendly enough temp .. only problem was .. I wasn't told what the ropes were connected to or what would happen if I pulled them. So I'd make a crap bell ringer at this stage .. assaulting your ears with a variety of notes but nowhere near a tune!! I am impressed that I managed to survive the day though and to be honest I enjoyed the challenge.

I am also impressed with myself because I walked to and from work ... and it took me just 40 minutes and 5245 steps each way. No ... I didn't count them, I borrowed Cream's pedometer/radio. Only problem was I couldn't figure out how to change the channel and had to endure Terry Wogan for 40 minutes! But then I suppose they do say "no pain, no gain"!

No comments: