Sunday, April 08, 2007

When real life reflects art?

I was watching CSI New York (Sweet 16 episode) last night ... to be honest I prefer Vegas and Miami but they weren't on ... and I was struck by the similarity with a real life situation. I know they often base their episodes on real cases but this was spooky. A man is found dead and the cause of death was only discovered during the post-mortem when the doctor with the funky magnetic glasses tells us it was manual strangulation. Apparently someone can be strangled with something so soft that it does not leave any exterior bruising. Does this ring any bells???

Anyhow it turns out that this guy was murdered by his wife who flipped and used her hair extensions to strangle him!! I happen to have very long hair at the moment .. the real stuff not extensions and I must admit I was thinking about the chopping it off ... it's getting to the unmanagable point when it gets past your bum! Things like sitting on your hair, getting it stuck in the car door, being able to strangle your husband with it, etc is just too annoying. I was going to treat myself to a make-over on my impending birthday (on the 22nd Goliath in case you had forgotton!) but am now concerned that it may be seen as an admission of guilt.

No comments: