Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sisterly love x 2

Yes I survived Friday 13th... busy but just another normal day at the office to be honest. Now Saturday was the killer ... Got a wedding to go to in May and promised my sister I would go clothes shopping with her. Went down to Rayner's Lane, checked out one shop there and found a black salwaar chemise ... yes I know I already have enough black suits ... but I couldn't find anything else ... Vertigo managed to find two suits she liked and just as she was changing back into her own clothes I managed to find a beautiful mint embroidered langha ... and in a moment of madness I ran to the changing room and told her to try it on. It looked great so I persuaded her to buy it. At the till and despite a lot a head shaking, Auntie Fixed Price pointing at all the signs round the shop and cries of "My boss will kill me" we managed to get a discount.

Next stop Ealing Road and Vertigo managed to buy yet another suit without any discount this time and I began to get disheartened as I couldn't find anything I liked (and that fit me!) ... By this point Cream is on the phone asking us where we are and as the afternoon drags on I realise I'm not going to find anything. Bugger me for being so nice and giving that suit to Vertigo!

Vertigo promises not to buy any more suits as she now has three but still decided to try on another two for good measure. As she heads towards the cashtill I try to remind her but the eavesdropping shopowner dashes over before I can persuade her otherwise. Despite his previous good hearing he can't seem to hear us properly when we ask for a couple of quid off. It's late by now and having lost the will to live I call it quits.

Got a call from Vertigo today, who has decided that she don't like the minty number now, and offers to sell it to me ... "I suppose I get it at a discounted rate seeing as we are family and you've tried it on twice already!"

"No sorry" she replies "fixed price."

No comments: