Monday, April 23, 2007

Chamelon Plant

Cream has a week off work and promised me he'd sort out the mess in the garden ... it has been sorely neglected since the birth of Zoo but last month I did start on weeding around the pond and managed to put a layer of cocoa shell mulch down and last weekend I mowed the large expanse of lawn.

Came home to see what had been done ... perhaps he had started on the unorganised shed, perhaps he had got rid of the pile of junk which he had evicted from the shed into the rockery, perhaps he had cleared out his neglected vegetable patch, perhaps he had cleared the obviously overgrown gravelled area ... No ... he decided to start in the area that I had already weeded a month ago and managed to pull up a fern, an astilbe and a huge area of chameleon plant!

After taking a couple of deep breaths I pointed this out to him ... "I spent three hours on my hands and knees digging all that up" "Well if you weren't sure what it was, what did you dig it up for?" ... but this simply threw him over the edge ... "Thats it .. I'm never going to do anything in this garden ever again!" he shouts.

Well thank God for that ... it will save me trying to replace what he pulled up!!

No comments: