Sunday, August 26, 2007

Wishlist gets smaller

Well I am making good progress on my wishlist ...

An extension to the house ... well not quite there but have an appointment with the architects to measure up the house on Thursday.

Bag for work ... yeah well ... I'd only end up filling it with junk so perhaps my purse sized bag is best.

Battery replacement for Timberland wristwatch ...
actually if I fix it, I'll need to buy a bloody watch box too ... nah I'll just leave it in the cookie jar!

More Sleep ... yeah right ... fat chance of that. At what stage did I start staying in bed all hours until forced to get out ny my parents? I'm sure that was about 18 ... in which case I have another 16 years before I'll get any of this!!

Nokia N95 ...
If 3 weren't such tight arses I'd have this already, but I'll be buggered if I'm going to pay £100 for the phone on top of the line rental!

Re-mortgage ... keep meaning to get round to this I could probably save myself thousands in the long run.

Toyota Corolla Verso ...
Paid a deposit and likely to be going round on Wednesday to drop off the Peugeot 306. Feel kind of sad really. My very first car has done me proud for the last 11 years and 98k miles. It's likely that the dealership will just auction it off and who's going to buy my car in the state she's in. No Peugeot logo, a dent in the side, a bit of the engine missing, cigarette burn in the back seat, stains on the seats (non-biological!), one dodgy tyre, one dodgy window, radio code unknown and a strange noise coming from the engine! The salesman did ask me what state it was in and I did tell him the truth .. it's a very well used family car and has a couple of dents in the side. It still drives though!!

Someone will pick it up for parts I suspect. Sad to think it will be torn apart after all the years we've had together. Cream, who wasn't as upset at the thought of relinquishing the old car (obviously isn't as connected with the pile of junk as I am) had other thoughts. "But look at it this way ... it's like she's an organ donor ... She's not going to die ... her parts will be spread out across the country helping others keep their decrepit cars just a bit longer." Nice thought!

No comments: