Thursday, August 16, 2007

Drinking Buddies

Mujnu had me giggling today. The Gramps weren't so happy but it was easy to see who was in charge there. Mujnu had insisted that the Gramps take him to visit his cousin as he hadn't seen him for a whole two days. I get the impression he has been making the same demands of his own father as Goliath has rung me twice this week, asking whether I was bringing Zoo round to the Gramps. Mujnu's persistence paid off and the Gramps dutifully strapped him into his child seat and drove the three miles necessary.

Once here Mujnu and Zoo spent their time running after each other, making hand prints and playing with playdough. Mujnu even decided to stay for a bite of lunch with ice-cream for desert, though unbeknownst to him there was more banana than ice-cream in his desert. As I was setting up the table for them both and they settled themselves into their spaghetti, I asked whether Mujnu wanted orange juice or apple juice with his lunch. Without any hesitation he replied "I want orange juice and Zoo wants apple juice." Cream and I had quickly established that the apple juice vanished far quicker than the orange juice, but I was amazed that Mujnu had taken the time to notice too.

After a rather messy lunch, came the even messier "how to get Mujnu back to the Gramps" game.

"NO!!!" Mujnu yelled, "Want to stay at Zoo's house!" After five minutes of cajoling, I managed to explain to him that he would definitely see Zoo tomorrow at the Gramps just like every Friday and they could play to their hearts content. Mujnu didn't seem very pleased with this solution, but we managed to get him to the car without the neighbours reporting any acts of child abuse to the Police.

You can't complain really, when you're a toddler tomorrow is an eternity away.

No comments: