Sunday, July 18, 2004

Mighty Mouse

I learnt a valuable lesson today ... never try to come between a cat and a mouse. Dashed out into the garden to save something from Pav ... to find a tiny little mouse ... it did not seem bothered at all that it was being batted around by a creature, with perhaps not the best of intentions, who is 100 times bigger than itself. So I grabbed hold of Pav who fought like a wild cat ... and at this point I expected the mouse to run for its life ... instead it looks up at me as though I have told his best pal that it was time to come indoors for tea ... and strolls away shaking its head! I swear ... Pav is fighting in my arms with the strength of a billion cats ... squirming around desperately trying to release herself from my hold and mousey is taking the scenic route out of the garden ... stops for a quick break at the fence ... looks back one final time to ask whether Pav can come out to play and then strolls under the fence looking rejected. That is one mouse with guts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perhaps the mouse has special needs - a need to appreciate life more OR perhaps it has an identity crisis and thinks its a cat....with 9 lives.