Monday, June 11, 2007

Sugar Babe

I'm not sure what the grandparents have been feeding Zoo but tonight he is a raving lunatic. He ate none of his dinner, danced on his chair, refused to sit still and then spent the next half hour bouncing up and down violently on the toy tiger.

This is not normal behaviour for Zoo ... not at this time of night anyhow ... so I was a little concerned.

"What did he have today?"
"Nothing .. just the packed lunch that you made, but he didn't like the rice and curry and he didn't want the tangerine. He ate all his lunch though"
"So he had all his lunch but not what I had packed?"
"Yes."

I look across at Cream who gives me his pleading please don't start an argument eyes.

"He should be hungry by now and he's not eating ... did he sleep late? Maybe he had his snack late." I say, giving them a get out of jail card for free to snap up.

"No, he slept straight after lunch and woke up early ... he did have an apple a little while ago" Dad says, quietly pushing a plate of sugar coated apple pies out of my view.

I sigh deeply. It's not worth the bother really, they always deny giving him anything ... but the truth is plain to see ... as I try to get Zoo down off the ceiling and into his cot! Only problem is he's managed to peel off half the wallpaper on the way down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I blame the parents....what do you expect when his mother likes getting her head stuck through railings as a youngster & throwing older sisters down stairs!!!