Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Wedding season

It's official .. I am old .. gone are the days when I could stay up all night nightclubbing and then go to work the following day after an hours kip. I had two separate events I attended this weekend, on both occasions I was home before midnight and I feel like I have run a marathon!!

Had an enjoyable time though ... well sort of ... first event on Saturday was ladies only ... so I left my two men at home for a bonding session and enjoyed my first late night out for years. OK .. not quite Ministry of Sound ... with mum and Vertigo in tow but an enjoyable evening.

Second event was on Monday and I managed to turn up frazzled and fashionably (an hour and a half) late, with Mum, Dad, Cream and Zoo in tow. As soon as we got to the venue, Mum was off with the kid parading around her latest grandson to everyone and anyone within sight. I even caught Dad showing off to his mates that Zoo could wipe his own nose!

Of course within an hour, Zoo had managed to charmed all the women and half of the men too and then proceeded to throw himself into a game of "trains" being played in the foyer. "Trains" involved all kids from barely walking up to 10 years old, charging around the foyer after each other, whilst the parents looked on helplessly. Beside a couple of interesting moments when we were all sure that the game was going to turn into "fatal train-crash" and when one kid decided he's pop outside to see what those dodgy looking blokes were smoking, the event passed off without incident.

Zoo was exhausted but exhilarated at being up past 8pm and Mum and Dad had to be taken home at 11 o'clock, kicking and screaming with cries of "but we want to stay longer!"

No comments: