Sunday, May 20, 2007

How to get rid of welcome visitors

Goliath came round today with Mujnu ... and my birthday present!! Better late than never ... and although the box looked like it had fallen off the back of a lorry I saw the receipt and it's all legit.

Anyhow Zoo and Mujnu spend the evening playing with each other ... or should I say, Zoo spent the evening, showing Mujnu his toys, which were promptly snatched out of his hands, and then when Mujnu's attention was diverted to something new, Zoo would snatch them back and run off with them, closely followed by Mujnu. Hours of fun and tears there.

Anyhow I made biryani ... which is an indication of exactly how momentous an occasion it was ... and after eating, Mujnu asks Goliath "Are we going home yet?" My brother in true Goliath style, replies, "No, we have to wait ten minutes"

Those who know my brother will know the formula! Length of time spent at event involving food = From (dinner time minus 60 mins) to (dinner eaten + 10 mins)

So with bellies full of biryani & chocolate ice-cream Mujnu and Zoo return to their playing and I even settled the pair of them down to read some pop-up / musical books. Goliath finally decides to set off home and Mujnu decides he's having much too much fun.

"No, I want to stay"
"Don't you want to see Mummy"
"No, I'm playing!"

At this point I decide to intercede, "OK Mujnu, if you are staying, can you help me tidy up all the toys."

Mujnu looks around the room at the scattered toys, looks at his Dad and rushes over to the door, grabbing his hat on the way and yells ... "Sorry ... I've got to go home now!"

No comments: