Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Only another five months to go!

Most people have now been told or found out that I am "up the duff" ... one of my colleagues at work is taking great delight in telling anyone passing by the office that I am having a baby and now that I am 16 weeks insists that I pick up nothing heavier than a sheet of A4 paper.

Cream is taking a similar concerned stance and on a recent shopping trip to Brent Cross asked whether I was entitled to use a disabled parking bay yet!! Whilst there I must admit we did take the opportunity to pop into Mothercare. In my defence however I went solely to pick up my freebie "mother to be" pack, Cream on the other hand spent 15 minutes playing with a £500 sickly lime green pram ... which left me with no option but to tempt him away with a visit to Starbucks.

Besides the temporary colour blindness suffered by Cream, we have suffered few ill effects ... no morning sickness, no cravings and I'm certainly not blooming yet. My bladder however has given up the fight and I am now peeing at regular intervals. This may well have contributed to my loss of weight ... ok it may just be a couple of pounds but I am going to revel in it ... it's going to be some time before I lose any pounds again ... well in weight anyway ... I imagine with the possibility of £500 prams on the horizon, the financial pounds will be disappearing pretty soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Xzsara will let me spend £500 on a lime green pram .. although it perfectly matches Vertigo's lime green suitcase!!

Xzsara said...

I think Cream is trying to remind me that it was not that long ago that I bought Vertigo a lovely lime green suitcase for Christmas!