Saturday, September 08, 2007

Suspicious behaviour?

I know I've written about the McCann's before and I'll be honest I would have hoped by now that they would have found Madeleine's body. I know that sounds awful but at least the parents would have had some closure.

What has happened yesterday is a nightmare. It is intriguing to think that the Portuguese Police have some evidence that they think points towards the parents.

I watch too much CSI so I have always said that invariably it is the last person to have seen a missing person that is the main suspect. And I could never fathom how a major bit of evidence, the Cuddle Cat, was allowed to be carried around by the mother. You hear of cases where they find microscopic evidence months down the line so why don't they have this item in a lab somewhere being tested?

Anyhow, what I heard yesterday was the evidence seemed to be blood on the mother's clothes and in the hire car. I always love playing devil's advocate, so while most people at work were going down the "I knew something was dodgy about the whole case", I was playing the role of a celebrity lawyer.

The blood could be explained by the Cuddle Cat .. if Madeleine was holding this before she was abducted and the mother has had it ever since ... then transfer of microscopic evidence should explain this. And if it's a hire car .. who hired it before them? Is it conceivable that a local guilty person may have also hired the car to dispose of a body???

Who knows what the evidence is .. I now hear suggestions that the children were all sedated as well.

I must admit though that this case has shaken my trust in others. Cream and I do pop into the garden on occasion whilst Zoo is asleep in his cot, to put out the washing or pop something in the bin. The bedroom window looks out into the garden and we can clearly see the cot and Zoo from the garden.

Cream laughs at me .. but now I insist on locking the front door and putting the chain on if I am out the back ... just in case.

No comments: