Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines? Bah humbug ...

My Scrooge status is obviously well known ... Husband called to say that his mum had rang him to remind him to buy his lovely wife some flowers ... (gotta love the mother-in-law!) so he dashed down to the local florists, saw a beautiful bunch of 12 roses in full bloom with a bit of greenery and thought perfect ... he then tells me that he saw the price, and decided I would kill him if he spent £60 on flowers and so told the lady in the shop that he was going to see his bank manager to take out a loan! When he told me I agreed completely and said "well that's ok ... at least you got me a big box of chocolates didn't you?" ... "Oh shit" he replies .. now I can't talk .... didn't even get him a card so I was in no position to complain.

Anyhow got home to find that he'd been winding me up ... he had bought me TWO big boxes of chocolates!! The man knows the way to my heart!!

No comments: